WINNERS FOR THE CARTOON MAKING COMPETITIONS ARE-
- DEEPTI , QUEENS VALLEY SCHOOL
- MANSI SINGH, KAMAL MODEL SCHOOL
- SAKSHI CHATURVEDI, NEW DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL
WINNERS FOR THE FACE PAINTING COMPETITION ARE –
- MANISHA DEY, SHIV VANI MODEL SR SEC SCHOOL
- NAINA SHARMA, MBS INERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- AMANDEEP KAUR , MIRA MODEL SCHOOL
WINNERS FOR THE CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION ARE –
- SIDDHARTH BANGA, MIRA MODEL SCHOOL
- MOHIT KUMAR, SHIV VANI MODEL SR SEC SCHOOL
- DIVYA TYAGI, N K BAGRODIYA PUBLIC SCHOOL
WINNERS FOR THE WEALTH OUT OF WASTE COMPETITION ARE –
- PUSA PUBLIC SCHOOL
- SHIV VANI MODEL SR SEC SCHOOL
- SULABH PUBLIC SCHOOL
SPECIAL RECOGNITION TO OUR VOLUNTEERS WHO HAVE PUT IN THEIR EFFORTS TO MAKE THIS EVENT SUCCESSFUL
- ANINDYA MADHUHAS
- AASTHA MISHRA
World Toilet Day 2018
In consonance with the United Nations’ declaration in 2013, and the Sustainable Development Goals launched in 2015, which included a target to ensure everyone everywhere has access to toilets by the year 2030. November 19 has been designated as World Toilet Day. This year’s theme is “toilets and nature.” We must build toilets and sanitation systems that work in harmony with our environment. When nature calls, we have to listen and act.
Nature-based solutions (NBS) to the sanitation and water crisis harness the power of ecosystems:
- Composting latrines that capture and treat human waste on site, producing a free supply of fertiliser to help grow crops.
- Human-made wetlands and reed-beds filter waste water before it is released back into water courses.
- The world is not on track to reach Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6: to ensure availability and sustainable management of sanitation and water for all by 2030.
- Today, 4.5 billion people live without safely managed sanitation and 892 million people still practise open defecation.
- The impact of exposure to human faeces on this scale has a devastating impact upon public health, living conditions, nutrition, education and economic productivity across the world.
OUR PROUD PARTNERS FOR WTD 2018
- Enactus Maitreyi College, New Delhi
- Shiv Vani Model Sr Sec School
- Pusa Public School
- New Delhi Public School
- Mira Model School
- Sulabh Public School
- MBS International School
- Kamal Model School
- N K Bagrodia Public School
- Queen’ S Valley School
- R D Rajpalpublic School.
Colleges Under D.U., Participating at World Toilet Day Event are:
- Lady Shri Ram College For Women
- Maitreyi College
- Jesus & Mary College
- IIT Delhi
Competitions on the Day
To celebrate the occasion of World Toilet Day 2018, Sulabh has organised several competition, to participate in the competition, please review as below:
Face Painting Competition
Each competitor must bring all of his or her own face painting supplies including paints, brushes, rinse water for brushes, water container, sponges
Open to school as well as College students